So you’re thinking about diving into the world of online dating? Good for you. Once you open the door to online dating, a whole new set of opportunities can present themselves. Why limit yourself to the people you meet at your favorite bar, or the singles from your workplace? There are literally millions of other singles online who are also looking for their “special someone.” You could be the one they’ve been waiting for. When you are ready to get started, of course you will want to know “What are the best online dating sites?” Read on for six factors to consider before you choose.
1) Check out the price. Most of the online dating sites allow you to join for free, create your profile, add a picture, and search for possible matches. But when you are ready to make more contact with a match, you will usually have to upgrade your membership. The cost can vary based on which package you chose, and which site you are on. In general, though, you will get what you pay for – so paying $9.99/mo is more than worth it to meet the love of your life!
2) Look at the membership base. If you want to know what are the best online dating sites, look no further than the number of members that the site has. Typically, the more members, the better the service and features. Also, if there are more members, you’ll have a better chance at finding just the perfect match for you.
3) Consider the features. All of the online dating sites will have basic features like creating profiles, uploading pictures, and search capabilities. But if you are serious about finding yourself a date, partner, or lifelong love, you may want a site that offers more. Some of the best online dating sites have communication features like anonymous emailing (so you can keep your identity private for as long as you want), chat and instant messaging, discussion boards, advanced searching (like local and keyword searches), and some of them even have matching systems. These features are not necessary, but sure make online dating easier and more fun!
4) Decide your level of commitment. Are you looking for friendship? Casual dating? Long-term relationship? Marriage? When researching what are the best online dating sites, you’ll want to take note of what kind of relationship each site caters to. Some of the best ones let you show what kind of relationship you are looking for in your profile, so that you only get matched with other singles who are looking for the same thing. You wouldn’t want to get matched with someone looking for marriage if you are only interested in a one-time date!
5) Ask around. Have any of your friends or family used an online dating site? Do they rave about it or rant about it? Sometimes, a person can have a bad experience, but that doesn’t mean that everyone will. Most of the online dating sites have a “Success Story” section where you can read about others’ experiences and how the site worked for them. Take into account other’s opinions, but don’t rely solely on this – you’ll have to try it out for yourself to be sure.
6) Give it a try! The only way you will truly be able to decide what are the best online dating sites is to give them a try. Take advantage of the free membership offers that most of the sites have. You have nothing to lose, and there is nothing stopping you from joining multiple sites. If anything, you can see which ones you prefer as far as features and selection of singles. You will notice after a week or two that there is one or even a few dating sites that you are spending most of your time on. These are the ones that you will want to stick with and upgrade your membership with.